Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week in Review

Time: 498:24
Distance: 67.40 miles

This ended up being a lower mileage week which is probably a good thing. The body is feeling good at this point and I'd like to keep it that way. I got in some good runs with Meagan and was able to recover the body during a holiday week of travels. Now that "No Workout November" is over it will be time to start introducing some workouts into the schedule during December. Here is a tentative race schedule:
  1. Dallas White Rock 5-person Relay (December 14)
  2. Phoenix Half-Marathon (January 18)
  3. Austin Marathon (February 15)
  4. OKC Memorial Marathon (April 26)
  5. Eugene Marathon (May 3)
All of those races aren't likely due to travel and potential cost, but I'd be pleased if I could do 3 of the 5. There will hopefully be other races between the stated race dates to make things interesting. I'm not sure if it would be realistic for me to run anything on the track this spring with the focus on longer races. Tarpy inspired me to look to the future race plans with his post. I'd love to see Tarpy take on the triathlon because I remember chatting at Campus Dance 2005 after he and Owen got back from sub-par performances at regionals and a frustrated P-tarp was adamant that he wasn't going to run another step again.

2 comments:

Tarpy said...

i maintained i would never run another step for a couple days but i have no spine and caved.

that looks like a lot of marathons in a short stretch guy. coste is talking about eugene too, maybe make it a destination.

Anonymous said...

i'd run eugene. was thinking boston, but could probably use a few more weeks training.

neely