Monday, November 3, 2008

OK Runner Boob Night

Time: 38:08
Distance: 5.75 miles

Tonight OK Runner had a Ladies' Night Event which involved a lot of bras and stuff that guys don't know or care much about. Tonight was the reason that Gus and I were waxing the floor yesterday and buffing the floor this morning. I cleaned a couple toilets, vacuumed and washed the windows too. Anyway, tonight involved a lot of work to make the store look good to our loyal customers.

The guys (Craig, Gus and I) got to leave around 6:40 when all the women started showing up to try on bras and prance around topless. Craig headed straight to Louie's while Gus and I went down to the old Champion's Bar & Grille to put on our running costumes. I was running through Brookhaven a few minutes into the run questioning why I felt so good. I should have been tired but there was a little extra in the step. I realized that the wind was blowing at my back and that the turnaround would not be fun. I made it to the corner of Rock Creek and 60th in just under 20 mins. which is a few minutes faster than I normally make it there. I decided that I would just turn the run into a decent effort and try to make it back faster than the way out. I kept the pace clipping along up the hill and back into the wind and I made it back to the Brookhaven Village parking lot just over 18 mins. Overall the run was enjoyable.

Afterward, I went to meet up with Craig and his buddies at the bar and Gus soon joined us. We enjoyed the $2 Blvd. Wheats later into the night. I even got to show Tom and Bart (Craig's buddies) a couple bar tricks. The first was a bust, but the second involving hovering beer bottles impressed them thoroughly.

2 comments:

Jilane said...

And this is why you missed Heps?

Hot.

Unknown said...

exactly. someone had to set up the closed circuit camera.