Monday, November 17, 2008

Starbucks Gold

Time: 60:03
Distance: 8 miles

I've been waiting quite some time for my Starbucks Gold Card to arrive in the mail and it's still not here. The Brookhaven Village 'bucks just got an order of cards, so I decided to purchase one in the afternoon. It's a $25 upfront fee that is a bit steep, but you get the first drink free. Naturally, I decided on the most expensive drink the baristas could come up with. After a few minutes of coffee making skills I was handed a quad venti extra hot breve white mocha with extra pumps of vanilla, whip, and caramel. Total cost would have been about $6.30. I don't even want to know how many calories were in that thing, but I had to take advantage of a free drink.

I met up with Scotty D. at the OU track after a bit of a Norman CART headache. The bus was late because the driver got into an accident and, then on top of that, he was required to take the passengers to the library so that the route could get back on schedule. The bus should be at the South Oval around 5 pm but instead at 5:15 I was at the Norman library. I pulled a superman when I jumped into the bathroom, swapped clothes and emerged ready to run (and fight crime). I jogged over to the track with my backpack on in about 10 mins. The run started around 5:30 pm when things finally settled down.

Scotty D. and I ran south on Jenkins and then made a route through South Base when we discovered the OU golf course was vacant. Luckily I had my headlamp and the loop we made along the fairways was a good change of pace. We may have been sprayed by a skunk at some point. A putrid smell seemed to follow us even after leaving the golf course.

The run was pretty slow and my hamstring was a little tight but it was good by the end of the run. I think that quad venti extra hot breve... was my kryptonite for the night. That thing wasn't too friendly on the stomach. Oh well.

No comments: