Sunday, November 23, 2008

Duck Pond Crew

Time: 100:03
Distance: 14 miles

This morning was the first installment of the Norman Duck Pond crew. That's a pretty lame name but it's all I got right now. Earlier this week I sent out an email inviting some runners to join up from the Duck Pond on Sunday morning at 8 am. I knew last night's game would play have an effect on the group and my expectations were low. We had a small starter crew of Scotty D, Connor, Stephen Pyle and myself. Our route took us to the west side, through a few neighborhoods and back to campus. Nothing exciting, but it was fun to run with people.

After the jog some of us went over to Cafe Plaid to mill around for a few hours. Scotty and I drank Kenyan coffee in hopes of becoming a little more Kenyan while working on a crossword puzzle. There was even a clue for a six letter word for "distance runners, perhaps" and we filled it in with "milers". Not sure if that was correct but we'll take it.

No comments: