Thursday, September 9, 2010

DC Tour

Time: 74:22
Distance: 10.20 miles
Pace: 7:17
Map

Owen and I started out the run in Rock Creek Park running south and then took a spin through Georgetown. He showed me the newest Apple store that had to fight to join the community. Next we ran down to the Washington Monument where we ended some pickups that started near our buddy Abe Lincoln. We ran halfway up the Mall before hooking a left on 14th and running straight north back to his home.

My work day started off back at the Pacers Logan Circle location. I got to meet the manager Robbie Wade who is an Irishman that knows a lot of the same people that I do. We weren't able to chat long because the store was super busy with an apparel showing, customers and a policeman who would have loved to stay all day and talk track. I believe his name was Reggie Harrison and back in the day he ran 44 point in the 400m for George Mason. (I just did a quick google query and can't find anything so I might have the name or school wrong, but Robbie confirmed it). Anyway, we narrowed our shoe choices down from everything on the wall to a pair of New Balance, Adidas and Karhu. In the end which did this guy pick? Karhu! That's right the former 44 point guy came through with a pair Forward Rides.

That made my morning and in the afternoon I went over to the Hilton Washington to help set up the Karhu/Craft booth in the Nation's Tri Expo. We got a good jump on the event and will be able to finish up in the morning. Dinner tonight was at the F Street Bistro where Corey's former athlete now manages. The manager hooked us up big time with a great meal and discount.

No comments: