Friday, September 24, 2010

New Durham Trails

Time: 60:18
Distance: 7.57 miles
Pace: 7:57
Map

I had an early morning run with George a.k.a. Monk on some new trails in Durham. I like how there is a solid trail system in town, but they all seem to be paved. My most recent run with Monk was out at the White Water Center a few months ago. He told me the story behind his trail name which was earned with a group of guys who run in the area. The rules to earning a trail name are you (a) have to run at least three times, (b) have to tell a joke on a run, (c) have to buy everyone coffee. Pretty cool. Also on the run was Sally (Monk's 11 year old dog) who is also known as Bullet or Ricochet. She ran along side of us venturing off into the woods and then popping out a few meters in front, never falling too far behind. Sally completely ignored the barks of other dogs from behind fences or the ones being walked on a leash. If Meagan and I were ever to get a dog, I would want to be able to run with it and for it to behave like Sally.

No comments: