Friday, September 10, 2010

Party Started

Time: 68:41
Distance: 9.60 miles
Pace: 7:09
Map

Mr. Owen Washburn rolled by the hotel a little after 7:00 this morning and we hit up the DC tourist sites. He took me on a route past the White House and onto the Mall. We ran by an Army unit on their morning pt which involved lots of shouting. We took a loop around the Capitol building, where you get to see the Supreme Court and Library of Congress. We headed up 14th St. and parted ways at Columbia Ave which took me right back to the hotel.

Today is the start of the Nation's Tri Expo and it's my job to "sell the shit out of Karhu." The prices were right and people were buying. I had some negotiators, but I held firm to our bargain prices. Conversing with the participants was great fun and I tried to talk to as many people as possible even if they weren't trying on shoes. As any rep would attest, expos are one of the most tiring aspects of the job. It's a lot of time on the feet, long days and little time to eat. However, I'm of the opinion that you have to make the most of the situation and it might as well be fun. I try to joke with those passing by and wish as many people good luck.

I was definitely tired at the end of the but was ready to rally for a fun night in DC.
I met up with Owen, Katie, Ben Stern, George McArdle, Nark, and some others at Bedrock Billiards after having dinner at Bistro du Coin with Emily, Corey and a couple others. The dinner was great and it left me full of steak for the second night in a row. The papas frittes were on point too.

I had a fun time catching up with the boys at a dive bar that only Owen could find. When we arrived half a dozen people were running around with fake mustaches on. I had no idea what was going on but it definitely lightened the mood. A guy came up to me and offered me a fresh mustache straight from the paper backing. How could I refuse. I promptly attached it to my face and immediately felt like an asshole. Sorry to all those mustachioed readers out there, but how do you do it?

Drum roll please... I would like to introduce you to Pancho Kinley and Emily Sanchez.

Don't mess with this couple mang.

No comments: