Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Worst Run in Ages

Time: 38:21
Distance: 5.30 miles
Pace: 7:14
Map

So this was officially the worst run I've had in ages. I felt terrible from the start and felt terrible at the end. The legs were sluggish and the body felt a general sense of fatigue. Not the thing you want less than two weeks from a fast 5k. When I got home I sent a quick email to Coach Jeffrey G explaining how I felt, my concerns and all the travel/work that I'll be doing in the next couple of weeks. He came through in the clutch and shifted somethings around for the lead up to the CVS 5k.

This happened to me last year and I ignored it and just soldiered on with my workouts eventually leaving me tapped by the end of October and early November. I need to learn from my past mistakes and get the body turned around so I can attack the roads later on this year.

No comments: