Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jason Page Jaunt

Time: 61:43
Distance: ~8.5 miles
Map

After the run this morning with Sarah I visited a few bike accounts, drank horrible coffee and ate way too much bread from Weaver Street Market. I had a successful showing at Fleet Feet Carrboro and a few Omega Sports locations. During this time I knew that I was going to visit Jason, George/Monk and Kim over at Bull City Running. However, I wanted to end my day there so I could run with the guys once they closed down the store. When I called though, Jason said that he was running at 3:00 pm which was fine, but it was 95 degrees out. Oh well. I manned up and joined him.

Mr. Garmin continues to give me a hard time as not only is the strap broken, but the attachment is busted. I won't even be able to buy a new strap now, I'll have to send it back to Garmin offices. And, to top it off the little bastard couldn't find satellites so the accuracy of the run is off. Jason and ran out, back and around an extra portion of the same trail that Sarah and I did this morning. It was good to catch up with him and hear how the training is going.

After the run I showered up and hit three last accounts out in Raleigh bringing this trips total to somewhere around 24. I killed time in downtown Raleigh making a few quick notes in my work journal and then Sarah arrived from her travels. We had a few pints post some local fashion show that neither of us were on time to view. It was a fun evening in an area of Raleigh that I'm not all that familiar with, but a somewhere I would definitely hang out again.

No comments: