Saturday, September 11, 2010

Slangin' Karhu Kicks

Time: 60:01
Distance: 8.51 miles
Pace: 7:03
Map

This was my first solo run since being in DC. I was in a rough place after last night, not due to the drinks but the lack of sleep. I've probably averaged 5 hours a night since being in DC which isn't ideal but is the way it has to be. I considered sleeping in and forgetting the run, but then I figured I would be in a grumpy mood trying to fit shoes knowing I had been a slackass.

I ran out of the hotel and headed down the hill. The streets were quiet and still. There is a fall chill in the air that brings memories of cross country season. I found my way down to the Arlington Bridge and ran across to the National Cemetery where I decided to turn around and run back along the bike path through Rock Creek Park. I had a general sense of where I was going and eventually came to the Connecticut St. Bridge that goes over the park. I was familiar with the bridge having walked across it with Jilane, Aja and Meagan a couple of years ago. However, to get to the bridge from the park, you have to run up this massive hill to a good eating spot called Open City. I had no time to waste and had to be back at the hotel so that I could clean up and get down to the expo that ran from 9 am to 7 pm. Woof!

The second day of the Nation's Tri Expo was a success. I sold more shoes and received great feedback from the participants. We had some good rushes where I was handling 4 people and answering multiple questions at the same time. It brought back memories of working in OK Runner on a busy Saturday. I was even visited and brought a coffee by Ms. Jilane Rodgers. Overall the day was a success. We sold lots of Craft apparel and I handled my own on the Karhu front. I would have liked to sold more, but some people weren't ready to pull the trigger.

The breakdown was super quick and we were off to a Thai restaurant for dinner. Corey, Kris (DC rep), Emily and I had a great meal at a small place just around the corner from the hotel (Hilton Washington aka Hinckley Hilton where Reagan was shot). Afterward we walked down to Dupont Circle and got a drink at some outside patio bar. It was fun to people watch but much too uptight for our style. Last night with the mustaches was a better laugh (you'll have to wait for that story since I'm posting recent to long ago).

Oh yea. It was 9/11 today. Very strange being in the nation's capital on this day and not really being able to take in the meaning since we were all downstairs building the brands.

Splits:
8:13, 7:25, 7:08, 6:53, 6:46, 6:40, 6:42, 6:59

No comments: