Wednesday, September 1, 2010

McMullen Effort Flop

Time: 66:52
Distance: 10.03 miles

W/u: 23:57 for 3.01 miles
W/o: 2 x 3 miles. First 3 miles in 5:15, (3 mins), second 3 miles in 5:00
C/d: 22:14 for 3.02 miles

I was feeling rather sluggish all day and couldn't find the motivation to put in my workout. It wasn't until 6:30 pm when I left the house to drive out to McMullen. I ran a mile out and back, slipped into my flats and then ran another mile back out. I still wasn't feeling great but hoped that the opening 3 miles would get me going.

Splits:
5:18, 5:09, 5:13 for 15:40 total
(3:02 rest)
5:01 and then called the workout...

I was running well during the opening three miles. The first mile was a bit all over the place. I couldn't find the right effort or turnover to feel comfortable. I soon started to feel more relaxed around the 8 minute mark and finished out the opening 3 miles 5 seconds fast. It was on the rest that I realized I was in trouble. My stomach started talking to me and I couldn't find relief at the parking lot bathrooms. I also noticed that my skin temperature was really warm. It felt like I was burning up which didn't bode well for the next 3 miles. I gave it my best effort, but only ended up making it a mile before I had to pull off in the woods. I didn't feel the need to slog out 2 more miles so I just ran back to the parking lot.

It was nearly dark when I returned to the lot and I was being swarmed by mosquitoes. I was glad to get home and call it a night.

No comments: