Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good Run with J.K.

Time: 80:49
Distance: 11.34 miles
Pace: 7:07
Map

I shot a quick message over to J.K. Withers facebook account the other day to see if he was in town and interested in getting in a run. J.K. and I raced a bit while we were in high school and he would become one of the best runners in the league. He was on of the few athletes to run for the University of Oregon under Martin Smith (now at Oklahoma), Pat Tyson (Pre's college roommate) and Vin Lanana (one of the best college coaches).

We met up at Howarth Park and ran into Spring Lake before making our way to the hills and trails of Annadel. It was a good loop and the conversation was great. I am still a bit sore from all the hills and rocky terrain that I am no longer used to running. I hope that I'll be able to recover in time to race well at the CVS 5k.

Later in the morning I met up with some good family friends at Starbucks. The day turned out to be packed with productivity. I visited my high school coach's running store, Heart & Sole. I put my mom on my cell phone plan at an AT&T store by the help of an old high school buddy. And in the evening we went out to eat with friends who have taken great care of my mom since I've moved away from Sonoma County.

No comments: