Friday, July 17, 2009

Damn Your Horn

Time: 30:08
Distance: 4.34 miles
Pace: 6:57
Map

I was out running along Pickard simply putting some easy miles in the evening when some d-bags in a truck came along. There must have been four or five fratheads driving in one of those rednecky vehicles with over-sized wheels and exhaust pipes. The mechanic probably gave them a deal on an over-sized horn because when they approached they let one rip and it was as loud as a train horn. I tried to not look too alarmed and gave them the proper finger while leaving the scene. I made sure that they weren't flipping a B and coming back to harass me. I continued to run easy for another 10 minutes but as I was running up Chautauqua I saw the bastards again. They were pulling into a driveway and this time weren't out for giggles. I ran all the way up the street keeping a sense of caution over my shoulder but they were too slow to catch me.

The weather continues to be grand and tonight was no exception. Kristi, Coleman, Meagan and I were able to sit out on the patio at Blu to enjoy some decent eats.

1 comment:

Kevin Balance said...

The horn happens to all of us. My favorite revenge story is from my college days: after blaring their horn and yelling at us, the hoods didn't have the foresight to realize the light ahead was red. This being a college run there was a group of us. One of the guys picked up a handful of gravel and sand and threw it into their car (the window was still rolled down). We ran through the red light and into a trail. Sometimes it just works out for the good guys.