Thursday, July 30, 2009

Something Steady

Time: 68:16
Distance: 11.02
Pace: 6:11
Map

I had some steady miles on the schedule this morning and Meagan has a standard 3 mile uptempo run. We shared the effort together as she ran a few minutes before I started. I got to run just under two miles as a warm up and then my splits with her were: 6:21, 6:25, 6:13. I then went on to solo a few miles at 5:58, 5:41, 5:43, 5:38, 5:28, 6:00. The majority of my solo effort was run into the wind in a neighborhood with lots of turns. I didn't feel great but I made sure to not fuss over the pace. The easiest part of the run came during the final mile when I noticed I was running 6:00 pace on my "cool down." I had decided to run easy the final mile back to the apartment with the wind at my back. I was still clipping along despite the fact it really felt like I was walking.

I have a big workout tomorrow that I think I will do on the track. It's a 6 mile tempo run at 5:00 pace which is basically my 10k pr/pb. I need to get focused and go to bed asap.

No comments: