Monday, July 20, 2009

When the Training Runs Out

Time: 51:56
Distance: 7.07
Pace: 7:20
Map

This morning was the first day in quite some time that I didn't have a scheduled/recommended distance or workout to run. The training cycle ran out yesterday and I was left to my own choices as to how far to go this morning. I talked with Jailhouse a few days ago and suggested that we take another down week in terms of intensity and miles so that I could just run without too many worries. Sometimes when I see what is coming up on the schedule that's all I can think about during the run. I love stepping on the track and hitting splits but at the same time it takes away the joy of the simple act of running. No thoughts, no worries, just 60 minutes of time on the feet.

Meagan and I decided to run in Sutton this morning. We did two loops around the park and then ventured home. My legs felt pretty good despite the long effort yesterday.

No comments: