Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My New Mitt

Time: 50:13
Distance: 7.00 miles
Pace: 7:10
Map

My run this morning took me down to Scotty's neighborhood so that I could do some hill sprints on a small grassy hill. I chose a route that took me up Pickard and I noticed a bag of goodies that someone left by the curb. I was pretty certain that I spotted the edge of a baseball mitt. Figuring it was a crap mitt I ran on to Scotty's hood and did 4 x ~100m sprints. The hill starts out really gradually and then gets steep in the middle. It's not the perfect hill sprinting spot because the footing is poor, but it works.

I finished up with the sprints and then ran straight back the way I came. The run was so short this morning that I might as well enjoy the shade on Pickard. When I ran back past the house with the goody-bag, I stopped for a more thorough peak. The mitt was a Mizuno and it was in fairly good condition. A note on the bag said "free," so I snatched it up and started running home. I thought little of running with the mitt, but later in the day a customer (roommate of a friend) asked if I was the guy running with a glove that morning. I should have told him it was a new training secret.

No comments: