Sunday, July 12, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 556:13
Distance: 81.92 miles

I had a fun week of training that started with a fast session on Tuesday. It was great getting back to the speed I used to have in high school. I'm glad to still have some of that Eric Churchill "get down speed." The second track session of the week went well too. It was similar to some of the workouts I used to do under Tom McArdle as it balanced strength and speed. I can tell my fitness is where it needs to be in order to run fast in the fall. Once this heat breaks or I travel to one of the coasts I'm pretty certain that running sub-5 min pace for a variety of distances will be possible.

This week was intended to be a down week in terms of mileage but somehow I still ran 80+. Next week looks like it is going to be difficult so I'm going to have to make sure to do all those small extras.

No comments: