Thursday, July 2, 2009

Water and Oil

Time: 78:52
Distance: 11.73 miles
Map

I was on the roads bright and early this morning to meet Scotty along Pickard. We were out the door a shade after 6:30 am for an effort that we've been doing the past few weeks. Again, we ran the first half of the run at our normal training pace before getting after it in the latter half. Mr. Downard was feeling frisky as we started the hard portion running south on Pickard. I could tell he wanted to perform better than he had the previous week. Despite the similar conditions, Scotty was on point. He led us through splits of: 5:33, 5:34, 5:27, 5:24, 5:17.

I wouldn't say that I felt great for the first 2 or 3 miles but I hung in there a few strides behind Scotty. I tried to relax and just let the pace and distance come by feel. Around 4 miles I finally started getting into the up-tempo section and decided to hit the front. We finished strong, ending near Lions (Lyons?) park. It was a step in the right direction, though I probably ruined the workout that was scheduled for tomorrow.

No comments: