Sunday, July 19, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 604:57
Distance: 89.26 miles

Once I totaled the miles I was a little surprised to see that I nearly hit 90 on the week. The fitness is steadily improving and moving in the right direction. My workout on Wednesday with Carrot Top went well considering the conditions. I got in a few good mile efforts and then rounded out the workout with some shorter intervals. I'm never pleased to change a workout mid-effort, but sometimes it's for the best. Also, I can say that I had one of my best workouts of the summer later in the week. The session out on the hills east of town went exceptionally well in due part to the lower heat and humidity. I was rolling out 5:10s to 5:15s on the roads and in the hills. Converting the effort back to the track I think I would have been running close to 5-minute miles.

I'm going to break up the monotony of training next week by racing a really small 5k called the Midnight Streak. It starts at 11:00 pm and you can wear clothes. I'm not really sure what "midnight" or "streak" have to do with the event.

No comments: