Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hotter than Hades

Time: 94:12
Distance: 14.23 miles
Pace: 6:37
Map

I had a pretty solid night out with Meagan, Scotty, Kristi, Coleman and Spenis. It's that last guy that always gets me into trouble. We started the night out at Blu and ended up at Benvenutti's. Good times all around but it left me driving the white bus later in the evening. In the morning I wasn't about to be disturbed from my slumber to join Meagan and Kristi on their run. I opted for sleep and then more sleep when Meagan returned from the run.

It wasn't until 2:00 pm when I got out the door for my run. Let me just say that it was 100 to 104 degrees when I started. Brutally hot. No joke. My sweat response started about 3 minutes into the run with some tingling sensations and things didn't get much better. I ran several loops around Sutton and then Meagan arrived with some water and gatorade. I was only 4.5 miles into the run and I was ready to be done. She returned at 10 miles with more liquid that kept me fueled. The pace dropped fairly well over the course of the run but I was ready to finish this thing up at Main St. I was supposed to run 6 x 1.5 mins hard, 4.5 mins easy but that wasn't going to be on this hellish day.

No comments: