Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another Dark Loop

Time: 58:51
Distance: 8.67 miles
Pace: 6:47
Map

I had a busy day of visits starting in Durham. I picked up Jay Duke at the Duke Washington Inn. Pretty sweet hotel. The afternoon ended in Carrboro where I got to see Fleet Feet Inc.'s HQ. It's right up the street from UNC Chapel Hill and around the corner from Fleet Feet Carrboro. I had the chance to catch up with Bridget Duffy too who used to compete against my high school coach's daughter back in California. Bridget's little brother, Matt, currently runs for Brown University. Ms. Duffy now works for Fleet Feet and helps oversee Saucony's business in all the locations. Such a small world of running.

I got home this evening and laced up the boots for another run around Myers Park. If I thought it was windy this morning, it was nothing in comparison to this evening's run. I didn't feel great out there which might have been due to the giant burrito that I ate at lunch. Oh well. Carrburritos hit the spot.

No comments: