Friday, February 5, 2010

Lashed Cats and Mingers

Time: 64:56
Distance: 10.01 miles
Pace: 6:29
Map

This morning I got up, got dressed and went downstairs for my morning run. I took one look at the parking lot and decided "uh-uh." Those weather folks were right about today's weather. This run wasn't happening.

I went back inside and prepared for a conference call. During my procrastination I spotted that Caitlin Chrisman asked if anyone would run 6:30s with her today. I needed some motivation to actually get out of the house and venture into the cold rain. We planned to meet later in the afternoon for some wet miles through and around Freedom Park.

It was still pouring when we started running and never really let up. My shoes were well soaked at 20 minutes. The pace was honest throughout the run. They say misery loves company, and today it was true. The run ended up being so much better with someone to chat with and run alongside. Had I gone out solo, I definitely would have cut the run short.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yep. the ten miles would have turned into six miles had i been running on my own. thanks for letting me run with you!!