Monday, February 22, 2010

Day Off for Recovery

Time: none
Distance: none

I went to the pool this morning and spent about 25 minutes aqua jogging. It sucked and brought back memories of the workouts Berg used to give at Brown University. I hated the pool and was often relegated to the wet training ground during my first couple of years in college.

I haven't had a day off in many weeks (Jan. 5th) and feel like today was a good one to take off. It was pouring rain this morning and I didn't feel bad when I didn't lace up the boots. Instead I came home and took a long nap. My body is telling me to sleep more and allow for things to recover.

I've been contrast bathing the achilles, icing and massaging all day. It's feeling pretty good right now. I'll run tomorrow and hopefully won't have to alter too much for the rest of the week.

No comments: