Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Zap Fitness

Time: 34:54
Distance: ~4 miles

On my drive out to Greenville this morning I fired up TweetDeck and noticed a tweet from the Zap Fitness page. I learned that the team was going to be in Greenville for the next month. I quickly shot a text to my buddy Dave Nightingale and confirmed that the team was in fact staying near Furman University. It was great that we were able to meet up later in the day for a run on Furman's campus.

I met some other guys on the team including Ryan Warrenburg, Frank Tinney, Dave Jankowski, Nate Peck and Nick Polk. They were living the life of a distance runner this afternoon. Lounging around the apartment watching tv, messing around on the Internet and napping. We had some good laughs and shared recent stories. The big news for them was that Craig Lake recently "stepped down" from Brown University.

The group that went out to run was just the two Dave's, two athletes from Furman and me. We ran on some trails, roads and campus sidewalks. Always a fun time to catch up with some very talented runners. Jankowski recently soloed 13:40 something up at the launch pad (Boston University's indoor facility which is ridiculously fast) in Boston. Good times.

No comments: