Monday, February 1, 2010

Providence Day Night Workout

Time: 61:32
Distance: 9.33 miles

W/u: 8:05 for 1.08 miles
W/o: 2 miles, 1 mile jog, 3 miles
C/d: 18:26 for 2.25 miles

Tonight I met up with Paul, Billy and Michael Hefner out at the Providence Day track. Paul was warmed up and ready to start his session of 2 x 3 miles in 5:30 when I arrived. I wasn't really looking to get in a workout, but saw the opportunity to help out. After a short warm up of a mile I jumped in just as Paul was completing his first mile.

Splits:
10:56, (7:29), 16:36 for 35:01 total and 6 miles

The track, for the most part, was clear of snow and ice. A section at the top of the turn got a little interesting as the stars began to come out. I felt very relaxed and in control running with Paul this evening. It was a fun night out on the track and I was thankful to be off the roads and mostly away from slippery conditions.


No comments: