Sunday, February 7, 2010

PDS Long Run

Time: 136:04
Distance: 20.16 miles
Pace: 6:44
Map

I got up and out the door early for a long run from Providence Day School. Originally, I thought it was just going to be Paul Mainwaring, Jay, Tom and me. I guess word got out and a few more joined us for the jaunt. I believe others included Aaron, Scott and Stephen Spada. It was a good crew and the pace was tame from the beginning. I was happy to have others to chat with while the miles clicked off. The only real concern on the day was miles 15, 16 and 17 where I needed to pick up the pace to MP.

Paul's loop brought us back to McAlpine around the 11 mile mark. A quick spin on the gravel allowed us to hit the PDS track at 14 miles. I rallied the legs and then ripped off a few quicker miles. I wanted to hit 5:20s as comfortably as possible.

Splits:
5:18, 5:17, 5:10 for 15:45.

My first 400 was a bit brisk with a 75, but I soon fell into a groove. The legs were tired after yesterday's effort. It took a bit of focus to maintain the pace. The 3 miles went by relatively quickly and I finished the uptempo section strong. I was a bit shocked to drop a 5:10 towards the end of a long run the day after a hard workout. Granted, I was on a track and the pace had been relaxed up to that point.

I ran an easy couple of miles to close out the run and called it a day.

No comments: