Sunday, February 14, 2010

Collection of Charlotte's Running Class

Time: 121:24
Distance: 18.10 miles
Pace: 6:42
Map

We had a great group this morning meet at the Dowd YMCA. I will struggle to recall everyone but off the top of my head I can name: Jay, Aaron, Paul, Alana, Mark, Mike, Ben, Megan, Dan, Caitlin, and many more. I think there were about 20 of us total. Having the group to run with was fun, but I didn't feel great. It wasn't a smart idea to eat that bowl of cereal at 10 pm with sour milk. I didn't think I was going to have a problem, but that wasn't the case. I must have had to stop at least 4 times. It sucked. I haven't had one of those types of runs in quite some time, I guess I was just due.

I will look at the positive side of the run which is the fact that in order to catch up I had to drop the pace. Several times I looked down at the Garmin and saw I was running 5:40 pace in order to regroup. The mini surges felt relaxed and in control. I was surprised to see the pace feel so comfortable. Once I made it back to the YMCA around 17.5 miles I decided to add on a little before calling it a day. There was little need to hit 20 just so that I could say I ran 20. I'll take my 18 and hopefully round out another week with triple digits.

No comments: