Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Showers

Time: 62:33
Distance: 8.53 miles
Pace: 7:20
Map

I met up with Caitlin near Uptown and we jogged over in the direction of JCSU. I was planning on doing some 400s on the track while some other CRC members worked out. Jay, Aaron and some others met us about a mile from the track and warned us that the workout might not be happening. A youth track team was competing in a meet despite the rain and threatening thunder storms. I figured the meet would be called due to weather, but that wouldn't be the case until after we already hit up the cemetery.

I decided that I would just complete my workout tomorrow when the weather was going to hopefully be nicer. Jay and Aaron did some one minute pickups while Caitlin, Matt and I ran around about a 1k loop. We were all soaked by the time we started running back to the track where we found the meet had finally been canceled. I'm glad I ran a few miles this morning otherwise today would have been a bust.

No comments: