Sunday, April 25, 2010

McAlpine Long Run

Time: 87:47
Distance: 13.01 miles
Pace: 6:45
Map

It was back out to McAlpine for this week's long run. I was feeling pretty sluggish throughout today's run and never really got rolling except for when I latched on to Meagan's final mile. She has been racing a lot and hasn't been getting in a lot of actual workouts so she wanted to run the final few miles hard. I made the mistake of trying to run with her because I was enjoying my time with Sean, Mike and Alex who were all running pretty easy. I wasn't about to let Meagan rib me for falling of the pace so I reluctantly finished up her run and then added on a few minutes to hit 13 miles.

I was still sore when this run began but felt decent at the end. I also wore a long sleeve shirt and a jacket while other people were going skins. I never got that hot and wasn't complaining about the humidity because I didn't think it was that bad. Some people are going to be rocked come mid-July.

No comments: