Thursday, April 22, 2010

Busy Day of Not Running

Time: none
Distance: none

It just wasn't going to be a good day for running. I woke up at 4:00 am so that I could jump in the car and make it to the Wake County District Court to get my traffic fine waved. I had to be there at 7:45 and was surprised to see that I was only 30th in line. I managed to schedule a tech clinic for 9:00 am, which meant this line had to move quickly. The whole process was very efficient and I was out of there by 8:00 with all my money still in my pocket.

I hit up Fleet Feet Raleigh, The Athlete's Foot Raleigh, Raleigh Running Outfitters, Inside-Out Sports, the other Raleigh Running Outfitters location and finally Fleet Feet Carrboro. It was a fun day but I was pretty tired by the time I was on the road back to Charlotte. I was eating terrible today despite having a workout later in the evening. I was supposed to do 12 x 300m w/ 100m jog recovery. A tough workout that I was trying to get up for.

I thought about bagging the workout on the drive home and just running with Caitlin. But, then she texted me that she wasn't going to be able to make it. I still drove over to the AG track only to find that the parking lot was packed. Turns out the AG is actually used for middle school track meets. Who would have thought? That gave me the perfect excuse to go home and take a nap.

I still had time to put in some miles in the evening, but my laziness and soreness got the best of me. I went on a binge and ate everything in sight to continue my poor diet for the day. Great times.

No comments: