Friday, April 9, 2010

Meagan's Second Half

Time: 46:48
Distance: 7.10 miles

W/u: 22:28 for 3.04 miles
W/o: Queen make for Meagan last 3 miles of her predator run
C/d: 8:47 for 1.06 miles

I only got a couple hours of rest this afternoon before heading back out to run. Meagan had a 6 mile predator run that she will be able to tell you more about. I was tagging along mainly to help out later in the workout. I also wanted to get in some good stretching while she was running the first three miles.

After our warm up, I brought my stretching mat and rope to the deck near the start of the Footlocker course. I spent about 10 minutes really focused on loosening up. I've been better at stretching and doing drills for the last 10 days or so and I think it's helping the legs.

Meagan came around to the three mile mark and I jumped in as pace setter. The next loop was going to be pretty much the same except we were going to leave out the hill. Because our route was a little different, Meagan didn't know the mile markers. That's where Mr. Garmin came in for the second lap. She ran tough for splits of: 5:53, 5:45, 5:42 for 17:23 total.

No comments: