Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So Sore

Time: 43:55
Distance: 6.10 miles
Pace: 7:12
Map

After yesterday's sprint workout my legs are tore up. My hamstrings and quads haven't been this tight for at least two years. I have the tightness that is customary after the first big speed workout of the spring season done with spikes. Everything aches and is tender to the touch. At this point, stretching doesn't even really help. It will take a few days before the legs calm down and I should be good to run hard workouts whenever.

I ran through Freedom Park and looped around to find 6 miles. The pace was quite slow and I tried not to alter my gait but my hamstrings forced me to run further up on my toes.

2 comments:

Coach Gaudette said...

That's what marathon training will do for you!

Time to start getting fast again.

Oh, and good race this weekend. I also coach the guy who got 8th (who ran 16:56 or so whose PR last year was 19:20) and he gave me the recap of your win. You're his hero. I told him you were mine too.

mainers said...

sounds like your experience of starting back out on the speed workouts was similar to mine!! nice job Saturday btw- you caitlin and I need to use that voucher some time