Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Scoping Out the Course

Total Time: 57:26
Total Distance: 8.13 miles

Part I: 42:40 for 6.01 miles
Part II: 14:46 for 2.12 miles

This afternoon following the Let Me Run practice, I drove over to Caitlin's for a bit of running. We put in a few miles through Elizabeth with the interest of checking out the CPCC Skyline 5k course. Caitlin had printed off a small map with the directions and we followed them to the letter. I felt terrible jog/walking with the boys along the greenway and I didn't feel any better with Red. My legs are making running a struggle and there isn't much I can do about it.

We parted ways around three or four miles and I had some more time to be out there. I knew I had to do drills, but I didn't think I would be able to go through with the whole routine unless I were at a track. Thus, I jogged over to JCSU which put me just at six miles. I limped through a half-assed routine that I think will be great this spring. Jeff Gaudette is borrowing some ideas from Jay Johnson who coaches out in Boulder, CO. I wasn't proud of my effort out on the grass infield, but I at least attempted them.

I jogged back to the car and called it a day with a good amount of work put in.

Oh yea, the course this weekend could be really fast once you get through the uphill first mile. The final 1k is going to be lightening quick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice. you've taken on my typical nickname of red. at least, i think that's me.