Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Staying Shady

Time: 31:50
Distance: 4.80 miles
Pace: 6:57
Map

I stayed in a shit hole last night. No doubt about it. I haven't made it quite yet and I'm willing to risk my safety to save a few dollars.

After running the workout at UNC, I hit the road and found a crap motel in Greensboro. It was one of those motels with a number in it. I practically had to fill out a criminal background check before swiping my credit card at the front desk. I should mention that the office was essentially closed and that the night attendant was protected by bullet proof glass at a side window. Pretty classy stuff. This certainly was not the St. Regis in San Francisco where I used to spend time with my pops. I like to keep it blue collar these days.

The good thing is that I woke up unharmed with no bed bug bits to speak of. The car had not even been broken into either. Like Ice Cube said, "today was a good day." Or at least it was starting that way.

I put the shoes on and wondered out for a jog from the motel around 9:00 am. I found on a map that there was some sort of park near by. The park ran along a creek and there was a concrete path that took me a couple of miles out. Then, it just stopped. I turned and ran back trying to find some extra minutes.

I didn't force anything and eventually called it a morning after 30 minutes. It was time to shower up, purchase some diesel and drive up to Roanoke, VA for another Healthcare Provider Day.

No comments: