Monday, April 26, 2010

CRC Crew

Time: 45:04
Distance: 6.14 miles
Pace: 7:20
Map

I planned on running from the Dowd YMCA after the Let Me Run program this evening. When I showed up I was glad to see a few other members of the Charlotte Running Club. Jay and Aaron are back to running after their recent marathon performance in Boston. We went down Morehead (vulgarity intended) and met Caitlin at the corner of McDowell. Our group plus Jocelyn and a new member named Todd who works at Queens ran over to Freedom Park. Todd, who fundraises for Queens, has a brother that went to Brown and was a member of the wrestling team. Todd told me that he follows the track team pretty closely and even knows some of the names and faces of the athletes. It was good to hear that the program is catching some love from other departments on campus.

I felt comfortable during the miles and definitely enjoyed having people to run with on this double.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm diggin' the new picture on the blog. Does that mean you need to change your title to the CLT runner? I guess it doesn't quite have the same ring/pun to it as the OK runner.