Monday, April 12, 2010

DC with JR

Time: 61:06
Distance: 7.65 miles
Pace: 7:59
Map

Jilane picked me up this afternoon and drove over to a friend's house where we would start out run. She warned me that this would be the slowest run ever, but she didn't know that earlier this morning Owen and I averaged 7:58 pace. I guess she wins the award of slowest run as we finished averaging 7:59 miles. We had a good time chatting about work, running and our time in Oklahoma. Jilane even offered to get me tickets to the NFLPA Gala that was the in a few days.

I enjoyed both of my runs today up in Washington, DC. In terms of big city running, I think DC takes the best places to run award. Jilane said that New York City usually wins the best urban running award each year in large part due to the New York Road Runners. I would agree that NYC has the best overall races, but in terms of training locations, DC is pretty choice. You have Rock Creek Park, a couple bike paths and various trail systems. NYC has Central Park and VCP.

No comments: