Saturday, January 30, 2010

Charlotte Sees Snow

Time: 46:26
Distance: 5.73 miles
Pace: 8:06
Map

I've had a pretty high volume week thus far and today I just wanted to relax. Meagan and I were greeted this morning with a few inches of snow. She thought it was fantastic, I thought it was going to work over my achilles. My days up in Providence taught me that running on uncleared, icy streets can be disastrous for training. The little bit of slipping at the end of each stride really adds up and causes extra stress to the achilles and calves. The marathon build up is going great so far and I don't want a little bit of snow to ruin things.

White stuff and ice make for a terrible running surface.

Ralphie's big sister?

Meagan and I ran to Run For Your Life and back for our route. We didn't expect there to be too much business, but evidently the snow didn't stop customers from needing shoes. The run turned into two, 20 minute runs as our break at the running store was at least 30 minutes. I needed a good day of recovery.

No comments: