Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 668:18
Distance: 98.30 miles

Damn, I almost hit 100. A few years ago I would have gone out for a 2 mile jog just to say I hit triple digits. I have to be smarter than that now. I put in some solid work this week and I'm not too banged up after the efforts.

My workout on Tuesday night was challenging without being too taxing. The longer threshold effort on Friday was as much of a test of focus as it was fitness. There will be longer workouts in the coming weeks, but that's the first 40+ minute workout I've done in quite some time.

I surrounded my workout days with easy runs with Meagan. It's important to keep your easy days easy, and the hard days hard. I don't mind running 7:30 pace on a Thursday, if it means I can run 5:10 pace on Friday.

I finished out the week with a good, but not great long run at McAlpine. Sixteen miles at this point is far, but I know there will be runs that are 30 minutes longer.

The workouts for the coming week include Tuesday's 4 x 1.5 miles at MP or 10 sec. faster and Friday's 8 mile tempo at MP or 10 sec. faster.

No comments: