Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Facing the Dead

Time: 69:14
Distance: 9.97 miles

W/u: 12:55 for 1.62 miles
W/o: 2 x 1.5 miles, 8 mins up tempo
C/d: 23:34 for 2.94 miles

I met up with some of the CRC members of at the Dowd YMCA. We were headed in the direction of a cemetery to do this workout free from traffic. Earlier I had told Meagan about this plot and she thought it was a horrible idea. She might have been right. I had planned to do 4 x 1.5 miles at marathon pace or a little faster. I managed to run the first two on pace, but soon lost interest as I was having a difficult time seeing. I was running a bit timid because I didn't want to twist an ankle or run into a tombstone. My second interval went long because I ran across Jay, Aaron and Ben who were still on a repeat. I ran the last hard effort relaxed and was a bit more confident having bodies around me that knew the actual 1.25 mile loop. Previously, I was just running around lost trying to find 1.5 miles which also made the workout frustrating.

Splits:
7:55 (5:20 at the mile), (3:02 recovery),
8:17 (5:20 at the mile), 2:00 at 5:18 pace, (1:58 recovery),
8 minutes hard (5:36 at the mile, last 2:24 at 4:59 pace).

Look at all that mumble jumble. Basically, I ran hard for a total of 24:12 and 5.41 miles in a period of 31:45. I got a decent workout in considering the dark conditions. Paul Mainwaring has a good recap of the workout which includes a scare with a group of cyclists.

Tonight's effort was nothing like this.

No comments: