Thursday, January 21, 2010

Craft-y Outting

Time: 58:33
Distance: 8.52 miles

I didn't want to run this evening, but I thought about all the other athletes out there putting in their miles. It was raining in Charlotte and the sun was setting when I finally stepped out the door. I spent much of the afternoon sending emails and organizing my samples. Before leaving the house, I slipped into the Craft PXC Light Jacket which is designed for cross-country skiing, but works great for running. It's one of my favorite run jackets to date.

Out on the roads, I fell into a groove and liked having the park to myself. I took the miles nice and easy. It was just by chance that Théoden's most recent blog post is about dangerous intersections.

If you have ever run the "Booty Loop" on a rainy day, you will know that Queens Rd. drains poorly. As a pedestrian you have to jump over puddles as you cross streets which adds an troubling element to the already busy street. It wasn't a great decision to run on a dark, rainy and puddle filled course, but I made sure to be careful while traversing the intersections. Another day in the books...

1 comment:

da Boss said...

JK is there anywhere around here that sells the PXC Light Jacket? I had looked at that online awhile back and looks like a great, kepp you dry, not too heavy or too hot jacket. Any local spots in Charlotte that sell this? Hope all is well bud.