Friday, January 15, 2010

I'll Count It

Time: 20:32
Distance: 2.76 miles
Map

I woke up this morning feeling dehydrated so I went to the kitchen to mix up some Gatorade Endurance Formula. It's great stuff. Tastes like traditional Gatorade with a hint of salt. As I was drinking my elixir I got to reading my RSS feed. My "running logs" folder had blown up with 32 new posts. Surely Owen, DeCoste or Da WeeMan hadn't got back on the training/blogging bandwagon. Turns out most of the posts were comments on Théoden's blog concerning the interview with Chris Lamperski. Actually, yesterday during my drive I chatted with Meagan who told me that Chris stopped by Run For Your Life to pick up some supplies. I won't go into my thoughts on posting anonymously and turning a personal blog into a critical forum, but let's just say that Chris is only doing good for Charlotte's active community.

I put in a little over 20 minutes this morning to shake out the legs. In a few minutes, I'm heading out to this park you may have heard of called McAlpine. I'm going to put myself through 2 x 4 miles in about 5:20 with 3-4 minutes rest. My coach, Jeff, calls for the workout to be at MP (marathon pace) or 10 seconds faster. I'm still unsure what part of McAlpine I will use, but I have a few routes that I'm considering.

1 comment:

Coste said...

sorry i don't bring home the bacon no more. if i did, it would be like three day old, moldy canadian bacon. nobody wants to see that.