Saturday, January 9, 2010

FF Winston-Salem

Time: 126:04
Distance: 15.00 miles
Pace: 8:24
Map

Yes, you read that right. It took me over two hours to run 15 miles. This morning I was in Winston-Salem for a wear test run at Fleet Feet. I brought a bunch of Craft base layer pieces and let the marathon training group run their 15 miler in them. We had perfect weather for the event as the mercury showed sub-20 degree temps. I think 9 people tried running in the tops and all gave good feed back about the warmth and comfort the base layers provided.

Our group ran around some very nice neighborhoods in Winston-Salem and I learned a little bit about the tobacco industry. I also learned that Hanes and Krispy Kreme play a large role in the W-S economy. I love donuts. Normally running over 2 hours at a trot would be torture, but the conversation was good and the sights were nice. I enjoyed taking it easy this morning with the group and was glad I got to make their run a bit warmer and dryer.

No comments: