Tuesday, January 19, 2010

McAlpine on MLK Day

Time: 46:20
Distance: 6.44 miles
Pace: 7:12
Map

It looks like the Garmin connect website is down for repairs. I wonder if there will be new features added to the site or just the same basic interface. This afternoon I went out to McAlpine to run with Meagan and the Queens team. There was a little error in communication which brought us to the main entrance and took them to Boyce. I had already put in a solid morning run so I only wanted some easily miles on the dirt. I found them with Meagan as we ran the Footlocker course twice.

The weather was so nice this afternoon and because it was a holiday, scores of people were taking advantage of the park. Little kids rode their bikes, dogs were walked and harriers hit the trails. I ran 4 long strides after the run to stretch out the legs. It felt great to pick up the pace and inflict some turnover on the staleness of marathon training.

No comments: