Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exploration Run

Time: 59:58
Distance: 8.18 miles
Pace: 7:20
Map

I decided to switch things up this morning and head down to the San Diego Harbor. I have only driven by the airport a few times and noticed there is a bike path/jogging path that runs along the harbor. I thought it would be nice to run somewhere other than Balboa Park.

Meagan and I wound
our way through the neighborhoods and ended up by the water. Our run took us along a cluster of boats and past various piers. Eventually we ended up by a pirate ship, a couple of cruise ships and a battleship. Man your stations. It was a nice change of scenery on an absolutely perfect morning. Great weather for the run as I ran skins.

I continued exploring the waterfront and around 4.5 miles it was time to start thinking about running home. After getting around the convention center and past the Padres stadium we entered the Gaslamp District. It was a little stop-and-go with the traffic lights, but soon we were in the familiar surroundings of Balboa Park. A quick pass through the park brought us back to the condo.


No comments: