Sunday, January 24, 2010

Long and Drizzly Run

Time: 146:12
Distance: 20.48 miles
Pace: 7:08
Map

I met up with Paul Mainwaring and his buddy Tom at the parking lot in Freedom Park. It was a Sunday morning long run and I agreed to meet at 6:15. Not a smart move. I was out the door at 6:00 and had 2 miles on the legs by the time I spotted the other guys. Paul had a loop through the park and then the Dilworth neighborhood that brought us to about 9 miles. We didn't have a particular loop for the next 5, but we found them in the neighborhoods.

It was a good long, easy effort. The rain and low 40s made the weather to what I envision England/Ireland to be like in the summer. By the time the run was over I had been out for nearly 2 hours and 30 minutes. I was surprised at the length of time I was out there, but I guess when you run 20 milers it takes a really long time. The body continues to feel good. No real complaints or soreness after yesterday's 8 mile tempo. I also got to brag to Meagan about being more productive than her.

2 comments:

Jilane said...

Way to stick it to her.

Meagan Nedlo said...

that's what she said.