Thursday, January 7, 2010

Texas v. Alabama

Time: 55:31
Distance: 8.54 miles
Pace: 6:29
Map

On the drive home from visiting Off'n Running in Greensboro, NC, I dropped in to see what was going on at the Fleet Feet Huntersville store. It is my newest account and I wanted to see the location for the first time. I've been following one of their new employee's status on facebook and he said they were hoping to open in the 7th. Well, they definitely weren't ready to help customers, but you could see the store taking shape. It looked like Birkdale Village is an ideal location for a running store other than being within a stones throw of Dick's. The store plans to open next week sometime.

The FF Huntersville Fuel Belt selection. Very colorful, looks good.

The best socks on the market prominently displayed near the shoe wall.

The run this evening was the same as yesterday morning's. The body felt good, but it wasn't fun seeing Meagan have to turn back with her calf niggle flaring up.

Tonight's BCS Championship game looks to be a good one between Texas and Alabama. I'm not sure who I will root for, but all signs are pointing to the Crimson Tide. I don't hold the true hatred towards Texas like many other Oklahoma fans and I would like to see the Big 12 team represent the conference. However, I think Mark Ingram deserves this one. I doubt that I will be able to stay up for the entire game. It's so much better watching sporting events from the west coast. Come home from work, turn on the tele and the game is on. Perfect set up. Some people like California because of the weather, I like it because it enables me to be a better sporting fan.

No comments: