Thursday, January 31, 2013

NYC Manhattan to Brooklyn

Time: 85:37
Distance: 20.02 km
Pace: 4:17/km
Map

I traveled to NYC this morning for a meeting in Brooklyn. It left me free to visit stores the rest of the day in Manhattan and join up with Jay Holder for a run to his massage therapist in Brooklyn. We met on 21st St. and ran down the West Side Highway to the Manhattan Bridge. The pace was solid and caught up on training, racing and the upcoming track meets. Jay's training for the Boston Marathon is going really well and it will be exciting to watch him race in April.

I didn't feel too spectacular at any point of the run due to the early alarm clock and last night's workout. I was more exhausted from a long day than from the workout. I was glad to have company for the run as I would have likely run just a fraction of what we did.

No comments: