Monday, January 7, 2013

Short Loop to the Neck

Time: 74:16
Distance: 18.42 km
Pace: 4:02/km
Map

I wanted to hit up Marblehead this morning but figured the trail would be too messy to traverse. I didn't feel like skating on patches of ice that would still remain in the shady sections of the dirt. I'm talking literal shady sections, like no sun, as there are no sketchy sections of Marblehead. Coincidentally, there is a shady section of Salem. It's called The Point and our real estate agent wouldn't even show us property there despite my asking. Anyway, that's beside the point.

My attempt at avoiding the trail and found a more direct route to the Neck. It will be key in future weeks and months for workouts. I can now get to the starting point of a good tempo loop in just over 5 km. It might make the cool down a little long, but the warm up will be spot on.

I ended up running across the causeway and looping the big homes. My legs were a bit tired from yesterday's effort, but I managed to negative split the run. The lack of wind this morning was probably the best part of the effort.

No comments: