Friday, May 28, 2010

DII Nationals

Well I was getting all caught up and then I left for the Craft and Karhu sales meeting. I had to put training on the back burner this week for the sake of KNA. It was a productive beginning of the week and a fun one. Nevertheless, I was still able to get in 5 x 1k on the Portsmouth HS track with my boss reading out splits. He likes to claim he broke the "4 Minute Mile," but it was downhill with the wind at his back. It was fun warming up and cooling down with Paul as we were able to discuss lots of business.

Upon my return to Charlotte on Wednesday night, I immediately became Meagan's domestique for DII Nationals. Last night she placed 3rd in the 10k in a race that couldn't have been executed more perfectly. We had a good chat in the morning of what her race strategy should be and I think it turned out well. She showed patience and toughness throughout before closing her final 800 in about 2:32.

As a side note, I'm working/volunteering this weekend for FloTrack. A buddy and I are covering the DII meet providing interviews and pictures. We can't actually tape the races as Big Brother owns the rights.

And if you're in Charlotte on June 3rd come support the Queens program by attending the QU/CRC Kick Off Event. We will be hanging out talking about like interests (running and beer). Dilworth Neighborhood Grill 6 pm - 9 pm. Be there.

No comments: