Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 398:32
Distance: 59.46 miles

I knew this week was going to be a down one with the Karhu North America sales meeting taking place up in Portsmouth, NH. I still managed to get in one workout before running about an hour each day the rest of the week. I'll take this week as recovery in order to regroup for the rest of summer. I could tell the legs were feeling fresh once Saturday and Sunday rolled around. I'll be ready to race hard at King Tiger and formulate some more of my schedule.

DII Nationals that were this weekend ended up being a lot of fun. Sean Brosnan and I did a mediocre at best job trying to get interviews with the athletes. At least we got media passes and were allowed to stand trackside during our girlfriends' races. The turnout from Charlotte Running Club members and Meagan's classmates was great. I know there are a lot of runners in the area that are fans of the sport and would like to attend a collegiate track meet. However, when it comes down to it, few really want to sit around for 2 hours watching people run. I'm really impressed that a big group showed up on Thursday night for the 10k and Saturday night for the 5k finals.

No comments: